Tuesday, April 19, 2016

How to style a basic: The Bomber jacket (1)


Hello, 
A well-organised and functional wardrobe consists of a number of basics and a few special items. From there you can easily select an outfit, either you combine different basic or choice a basic together with one of the special items. When you want a crazy-creative outfit you combine different special items, to mix and match patterns.
With this outfit I want to focus on the bomber jacket, an item well on its way to becoming the trend of spring. Why is it so popular? Cause it's perfect for the current weather conditions and it brings many of us back to the '90 's. There are many different styles, the basic monochrome versions, others have patterns but the most elaborated ones are embroidered. 
I made this ochre yellow version about two years ago and combined it with a pencil skirt I recently finished. I love the fact that it's a little big and oversized. That has a lot to do with my constant interest in being as comfortable as possible. I already had that in mind when I first picked out the fabric, it's soft and fluffy on the inside. Basically I'm still completely in love with my yellow bomber jacket, which one is your favorite? 

    

Bomber Jacket: Made by Me/ Shirt: H&M / Skirt: Made by Me
Shoes: Adidas

No comments:

Post a Comment