Tuesday, April 12, 2016

My Art Wishlist

Hey, 

It's been a week since my last post, I went away for a couple of days and forgot the charger of my laptop. But it did give me some more time to think about my list which was a lot harder to make than expected. 
This because sometimes I'm just crazy about specific painting, in other cases I love the painter in general and find it hard to choose. For me, a building is also an artwork and can be very iconic for a style and a place, so I included some on my list. 
But also because in the last years I traveled a bit and saw many of my ultimate works to see, mostly French Painters that I saw in the Louvre, Musée d'Orsay or Kröller-Möller museum. So now that my first wishes are granted, I have to keep on dreaming. 
And then now the list: 

-Gustav Klimt, The Kiss 
(Österreichische Galerie Belvedere, Vienna)
An Austrian painter from the sezession, most of his work is great but The Kiss is his most famous work. You can also find his paintings in the MOMA in New York. 

Gustav Klimt-The Kiss

-Salvador Dali, The Persistence of Memory 
(MOMA, New York)
A Master of Surrealism, his works are spread all over the world. Most you can find in the Salvador Dali museum in Florida but my personal favorite is located in New York.

Salvador Dali- The Persistence of Memory

-Réne Magritte 
(Magritte museum, Brussels)
A Belgian surrealist painter, whose most iconic works are located in private collections. But here in Brussels there is a Magritte Museum, which for some reason I still haven't visited.


-Edgar Degas, The Dance class 
(MET, New York)
A French Impressionist from which I have seen several works, because he is in fact one of my favorite painters ever. But this is the one special painting that I just have to see.

Edgar Degas- The Dance Class

-Pablo Picasso, Guernica (Museo Reina Sofia, Madrid) 
& Les Demoiselles d'Avignon (MOMA, New York)
A Spanish modern painter with lots of good work and interesting paintings but these are his two masterpieces that I especially hope to see at some point.

Pablo Picasso- Demoiselles d'Avignon

Daniel Burnham, Flatiron building
(New York, USA)
It was one of the highest buildings when completed and groundbreaking because of its triangular shape. It's one of the most iconic buildings of New York.

-Antoni Gaudi, Sagrada Familia & Parc Guëll 
(Barcelona, Spain)
A Catalan Architect whose masterpiece Sagrada Familia is still not finished, it's been 100 years in the making. In the Parc everything is a creation from his imagination and it will blow you away.

Antoni Gaudi- Sagrada Familia

No comments:

Post a Comment